LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
GRANT MANAGEMENT UNIT
JOB VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF A DRIVER
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the Integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB,HIV,RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting for the Position of a Driver:
Support the implementation of program activities in accordance with the approved work plan. Responsible for operating the vehicle to provide transportation services to the LSMoH/GMU activities, move expendable and non-expendable supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary; ensure that preventive maintenance of the vehicle is performed on a regular basis.
Reporting to: GMU, Admin Officer
Specific Objectives & Duties
- Provide reliable and secure driving services to the Lagos State Ministry of Health / Grant Management Unit (GMU) as required.
- Ensure cost-savings through, amongst others, proper use and timely maintenance of daily vehicle logs. Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle.
- Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well carried out.
- At all times, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
- Learn and comply with all security requirements, when driving and using the vehicle
- Ensure that all immediate measures required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Support the GMU by providing administrative and clerical support as requested, including in preparing, copying, collating, binding, filing and distributing documents, mail and notifications, as instructed Provide logistics and administrative support during activities as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
1) Secondary Education, relevant trade test, and valid driving license.
2) A minimum of 5 years work experience as driver.
3) Sound knowledge of the Federal Republic of Nigeria driving requirements.
4) Must be registered with the Lagos State Drivers’ Institute.
5) Demonstrable skills in carrying out minor vehicle repairs when necessary.
6) Must be able to communicate in English language.
7) Have an appreciable understanding of the Lagos roads and the terrain.
Qualified and interested persons should submit their CV and a cover letter in word format as separate attachments in a single mail application stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable for the position and addressed to the e-mail below:
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; the subject of the email should be the job position applied for. All applications must be received on or before 27th of June, 2019.
Grant Management Unit, LSMOH